About D&H Canada
D&H is a 99-year-old Wholesale Distributor of computer, home entertainment, security and educational products. We offer an excellent benefits package, including Health, Dental and Vision insurance. Other benefits we provide include company paid education, service award program, employee assistance program and short-term disability. Sales positions at D&H include base salary, bonuses and commission programs plus training. D&H is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Successful growth of our subsidiary, D&H Canada - Toronto, has resulted in opening a brand new facility, D&H Canada - Vancouver. We are currently recruiting for a Distribution Centre Supervisor of this new venture. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help grow this facility from the ground up and will be responsible for developing a team of individuals that will contribute to its success.
In the Supervisor role, you will be responsible for all aspects of production for assigned department. The Supervisor will foster a well-trained and motivated staff to follow facility procedures, policies and assure we continue to provide excellent customer service to our partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety Management
- Developing Standards
- Managing Processes
- Inventory Control
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Customer Relations
- Reporting Skills
- Knowledge of WMS & LMS systems
- Knowledge of Lean
As a Supervisor, you are the overseer of all tasks that generate from your department. You must be able to motivate your team, evaluate their results and coach through deficiencies that may present themselves. You must project a professional company image through face to face, phone and email interaction. Through on-the-job training, you must be able to build an understanding of facility and department goals, and the interaction between your department with other departments, not only in the facility, but within the entire organization. You must have the communication and interpersonal skills necessary to build a strong team. We are seeking candidates who are self-motivated, driven to succeed, and enthusiastic about learning and growing with an industry leader.
Other requirements of the Supervisor role include:
- Flexibility to work on various shifts, and departments, as required
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, knowledge of Cantonese is a plus
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence and/or complete employment forms
- Full time position (40 hours a week), Overtime, Weekends, Holidays, as required
At D&H, we are a dedicated team of highly skilled and talented professionals working together to connect our vendors with client businesses. Our D&H Cares foundation is dedicated to charity, health, wellness, and conservation. We are committed to enriching and improving the lives of others by bringing together caring D&H employee co-owners, customers, and vendor partners who strive to give back and help others in times of need. Our associates enjoy our service award program, gym membership reimbursement, and employee assistance program. We offer a competitive base salary and first-rate benefits package including:
- Health, Rx, and Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- RRSP contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Picking, packing, loading, and receiving inventory of computer products.
- Assist in keeping a clean and safe work environment.
- Be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Possess excellent attention to detail.
- Must have a minimum education level of Grade 12.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred, but willing to train and educate.
- Picking, shipping, receiving, and inventory control knowledge are a definite asset.
- RF experience in a WMS environment preferred.
- Certified Reach Truck operator. Training available.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate solid behavioral traits.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible with hours of work Monday to Friday and weekend work may, at times, be a necessity to support our customer service level agreements.
Learn More About D&H
Why should you partner with D&H? Get an inside look at what D&H is all about and learn why you should partner today!
Keep your finger on the pulse of all things D&H. Read the latest news about D&H, our products, services, partners, and much more.
A complete and up-to-date list of the extensive manufacturer lineup available at D&H Canada!